TITLE

Good Place – Good Food – Good Time

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Past Trips



As I mentioned in my first post. I've been traveling in the past 7 months. So I will be writing brief summaries on 7 trips. Will be skipping Singapore & Bali because I've been going there way too often, so that will be a separate post. 



#1 Sangkalaki, Kepulauan Derawan, Indonesia

Visited in March 2014 

One does not need to travel far to Maldives to experience the clear water and blue sky. Indonesians can take a 3 hours flight from Jakarta to Tarakan and hop on a boat for another 2 hours to see this beautiful island - Sangkalaki. Not to mention that this island is  the "hatching center" of the endangered sea turtles! Spent 2 nights in the small island snorkeling, playing in the beach and letting baby sea turtles into the water! 
(did not even filter these pictures...)

(clear clear waters)
(breathtaking view of the sunset)

#2 Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Japan
Visited in March 2014
Japan is known for its cherry blossom festival and that was the reason why we visited the country! Being my first visit to Japan, I was in awed by Japanese perfectionism & friendliness. I don't think anyone can hate Japan, except maybe for those who still feel hatred because of WW2. Everything is just so awesome! BUT, it is an EXPENSIVE country to travel. This is because you just want splurge on everything that you see. 

(as you can see, the cost of this white/pink strawberries is about USD$47!)

#3 Seoul & Busan, South Korea 
Visited in April 2014 
Visited South Korea for a good friend's wedding. We were reliving the REAL korean drama lives. If you are not a fan of korean dramas/artists/cosmetics, I don't think South Korea will interest you. Food tasted good but not as memorable as Japan's. That would be because korean food in Koreantown, Los Angeles taste as good as the ones in Korea. I used to eat kfood at least once a week back when I was in LA. (yupp, i loveeee koreaaaans ^^) 
(felt like as if this is straight out of a korean drama)
 (attended Oppa's wedding with my favorites)
(wannabe koreans)

#4 Yogjakarta, Indonesia
Visited in April 2014
People would recognize the famous Borobudur & Prambanan Temple in Yogjakarta. I was blessed to be given a second chance to visit these temples. (the last time was back when I was 5/6 yrs old?!) Just make sure that you bring hat, umbrella & enough sunblock if you don't want to get baked under the sun! 


#5 Macau 
Visited in May 2014
I don't gamble & the only reason I visited Macau is because my grandparents live there. But hey, since I'm there why not enjoy it? Macau is the Asian Vegas, except that people are more hardcore in the gambling than in Vegas. All I did in Macau was just eat, visit touristy areas & quality time with gramps. 
 (the famous portugese eggtarts)

#6 Sapporo, Furano & Tokyo, Japan
Visited in July 2014
2nd visit to Japan, but this time to see the Lavender fields in the outskirts of Sapporo. We were literally in the small village named Furano. Took us 2 airplanes & 1 train ride before we reached our final destination. I think it's worth the scenery but I wouldn't go back for the second time. 



#7 Italy, France & Netherlands, Europe
Visited in July 2014 
Fell in love with Italy, except that you have to be careful with pickpockets We visited Vatican City, Rome, Pisa, Venice & Milan in the span of 10 days. And of course, visited all the important landmarks. :) The prettiest city would be Venice. I would definitely come back Italy. And as for France, we only visited Paris to see the famous Eiffel tower and Musem Louvre. Our last country is the Netherlands. Amsterdam was having their Annual Gay Parade when we arrive. Time was not on our side and we did not manage to watch the parade. But we did go to the Red Light District.

(The Colloseum, Rome)
(Tower of Pisa, Pisa)
(Venice)
(Eiffel Tower, France)
(Voldendam, The Netherlands)

I am still trying to figure out the layout for this blog. People has been telling me that I should have a brighter background color. So please forgive me if I keep changing the layout & colors! 

With lots of love, 
Claraaaa <3

No comments:

Post a Comment