TITLE

Good Place – Good Food – Good Time

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Singapore Food

Visited Singapore back in February for a short one night trip. There is never enough time for me to spend in Singapore. However, I get to meet with some of my high school friends and tried out new food. :) 

Food #1 - Restaurant: PS.Cafe at Paragon
Address: 290 Orchard Rd, #03-41/44 Paragon, Singapore 238859

Having brunch seems like an 'in' thing in Singapore. Just that brunch will cost you about SGD$30++/person - overpriced :X. But hey, you still gotta try them. We tried P.S Cafe in Paragon. P.S Cafe is known for their truffled fries. The portion is HUGE - you can share that among 4 people. I ordered the - BRIOCHE & PORTOBELLO STACK (with poached eggs, avocado, smoked turkey, brie cheese, roast tomatoes & rocket; drizzled with a balsamic-prune vinaigrette). Honestly, I prefer Wild Honey to P.S Cafe. P.S Cafe is an average brunch place. Or maybe the ones we ordered are a.v.e.r.a.g.e... 
TRUFFLED Fries
BRIOCHE & PORTOBELLO STACK

 Food #2 - Tatsuya
Address: 22 Scotts Road, Goodwood Park Hotel, Singapore 228221

This is where we went for dinner. My friend had to make the reservation one week in advance since it is only a 22 seats in the bar kind of restaurant. This restaurant is known of their fresh sashimi and so that's what we tried!  Definitely one of the best sashimi in Singapore. I have to try Aoki's sashimi and see if it tastes better. So we ordered fresh sashimi (fresh sashimi that melts in your mouth. yummm). The grilled eel tastes average. They still have the bones in it. On the other hand, the codfish is soft and sweet and yumilicious. They cooked it with the right amount of heat. 
 

Sashimi Set
Grilled Eel
Codfish
Salmon Sashimi
 Food #3 - Jian Bo Shui Kueh
Address: Tiong Bahru Market & Food Centre. 30 Seng Poh Road  #02-05. Singapore 168898

This is one of my favorite childhood snack. I never know what this exactly made up of, but it's too good that you can ignore that fact. I call it Chwee Kueh and this is sold in 4/6/8 pieces. You can order it more if you want. This is my first time trying out from this stall, the ones i usually get is from Bedok Bus Stop Station Hawker Center.  I would say that the white thing is made out of radish while the small dark brown pieces are chye poh (salted turnip filling). This freshly made Chwee Kueh was soft and firm while the chye poh smells fragrant. 


Food #3 - Sugarcane drink
This is also one of my favorite drinks - The all natural without sugar Sugarcane Juice. Yumm. You always feel so refreshed after drinking this. 
Food #3 - Rochor Original Beancurd
Address: 2 Short St S188211

Soyabean drink is my #1 favorite drink. It's been my favorite since I was a kid. Loveeeee soya beancurd too - basically loving anything to do with soya bean. I couldnt drink the soyabean anymore because I was too full from all the food we ate (yes all of the above food mentioned are eaten in a day). We decided to get the beancurd and saved it for tomorrow. This was my first time trying out Rochor Original Beancurd. Definitely one of the best in town - soft and sweet and melts in your mouth. You can still taste the freshness of the beancurd. Will come back the next time I visit Singapore. ;)  



With Lots of Love, 
Claraaaa <3

No comments:

Post a Comment